Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. When can I perform Umrah?
Ans. Umrah is such an expedition that can be performed at any time of the year choosing the right cheap Umrah package. There is no such restriction in terms of time and date. Travel agencies introduce various packages for Umrah for the ease of travelers.
Q2. How to choose the best travel operator?
Ans. Many travel agencies offer pilgrims with several Umrah packages to choose from. Always choose the one with the most of benefits irrespective of the cost. Out of the many reasonable packages, the cheap Umrah package might just have the least of benefits or no benefit at all. Such travel operators tend to cheat people by charging them more than the usual charges. They have to just meet their targets by selling more number of packages. The best tour operators will always be transparent about their packages and will not have any hidden costs or any conditions applied. Few agencies advertise in newspapers and television to acquire your passports and then allegedly keep giving fake reasons like government taxes, re-application of visas due to rejection etc to earn money. Make sure the operator is IATA (International Air Transport Association) approved.
Q3. What are the necessary documents I must have in hand?
Ans. Make sure you have the following documents ready:
- A passport with minimum 6 months’ validity
- 6 passport size photographs with a white background
Q4. Are there any terms and conditions of the Saudi government for people arriving there to perform Umrah?
Ans. Yes, the Saudi government has imposed many rules and regulations that are to be strictly followed by pilgrims going to Mecca to perform Umrah.
- A single gent should be 40+ in age
- Males and females below 40 years of age should be accompanied by Mahram (a person with whom a female can never get married to) and the relationship must be proved on passports or by any other valid document.
- Females are ought to be accompanied by a Mahram and are not suppose to travel alone.
- Boys below 17 should be accompanied by a male Mahram and children above 17 should be accompanied by a female Mahram.
Q4. What places will the agencies make me visit on my stay?
Ans. Depending upon the type of package you have selected, travel agencies will take you to visit some of the following places:
- Jannatul Maula
- Masjid-e-Uqba Ula
- Jabale Noor
- Clock Tower
- Qiswa Factory
Q5. What all is worth to buy from Mecca?
Ans. Every place has its own special product to own without which a tourist’s visit is incomplete. It symbolizes the place’s specialty. The same is with Mecca. Must own products of Mecca and Medina are:
- Ajwaa Dates
- Rogne Ballasam
- Sugar Booti (best for diabetic patients)
- Maryam Booti (best for labor pain)
- Nabi Booti
Anything gold since it is believed to bless a person with a lot of wealth