18 Oct Method To Perform Umrah 2014 (Part 2)
Method To Perform Umrah 2014 (Part – 2)
To fully and successfully complete your Umrah 2014 journey you cannot miss these remaining steps. In the previous Umrah 2014 article we must carry on from where we left off. The next step must be to proceed to Maqaam – e – Ibraheem.
- After completing the Tawaf you must recite this verse: (And take you (people) the Maqaam (place) of Ibraheem as a place of Prayer.)
- After this, you pray two rakaats as close as you can behind Maqaam – e – Ibraheem. If this is not possible, then you can pray these rakaatein anywhere in the sacred Mosque. During the first rakah, it is preferred to recite Surah – Al – Kafiroon after Surah – Al – Fatiha. During the second rakah it is also preferred to recite Surah – Al – Ikhlaas after Surah – Al – Fatiha.
- After this, you should go to the Zam Zam well and make Dua before drinking the Zam Zam water.
- Pour water after your head.
- Return to the Black Stone and touch it with your right hand. If this is not possible, then proceed to do Sai.
Sai consists of seven circuits and having wudhu at this stage is recommended (however, not important). As you leave the borderline of the Masjid, you can say the following: (In the name of Allah, and prayers and peace be upon the Messenger of Allah. O Allah, I ask You from Your favour. O Allah, guard from the accursed devil.)
- When approaching Mount Safaa, the following verse must be recited: (Verily, As-Safaa and Al-Marwah are from the symbols of Allah. So it is not a sin on him who performs Hajj or ‘Umrah of the house (Ka ‘bah) to perform the going (Tawaf) between them, and whoever does good voluntarily, then verily, Allah is the All-Recognizer, All-Knower. Indeed, Safa and Marwah are from the places of worship of Allah…’ ‘I begin with what Allah began with.)
- After this, come upon Mount Safaa, face the Qiblah and raise your hands and recite the following three times: (Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest, Allah is the Greatest.) (There is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, Alone. He has no partner, To Him belongs the kingdom, & all praise belongs to Him, & He has power above all things, There is nothing worthy of worship except Allah, He fulfilled His promise, Granted victory to His servant, And alone He defeated the allied army.)
- After this, you Praise Allah (SWT), send Salaam upon Our beloved Muhammad (SWS) and then make a personal Dua. In this Dua you can pray for anything from the goodness of this life, the next and Pray for you, your family, friends and all Muslims.
- Then descend from Mount Safaa and walk towards Mount Marwah. Once you reach the green sign, men must hasten their walk then return to normal walking phase at the next green sign.
- When you have reached Mount Marwah, then repeat the same method of that when ascending Mount Safaa (face the Qiblah, raise your hands and repeat what was said on Mount Safaa.) This completes one circuit.
- The same method is used to completely continue and complete the full seven circuits, ending on Mount Marwah. Now that you’ve successfully come all this way, you can open your heart in full glorification and make a wholeheartedly Dua to Allah (SWT).
- After completing the Sai, you should trim/cut your hair. It is recommended for men to shave all their hair and for women to shorten theirs by a finger top.
Now that you have successfully completed the method, your Umrah 2014 is now complete! May Allah (SWT) accept your Umrah 2014. In Sha Allah Ameen.