02 Dec Rules for Women During Umrah
It is one of the common questions asked by many of the people while selecting Cheap Umrah Packages for their women. As a traveler I know some important things that may add value to your journey and make your travel peaceful. Rules and regulations for all the pilgrims are equal but there are some specific rules and issues for women, which are discussed as under:
- Umrah is performed in the state of Ihram. Women can perform Umrah in their casual dresses. They are not bound to wear Ihram. However, all the rules, niyat and talbiyya are same like men.
- If a woman is in her monthly cycle, she can perform the rituals of Umrah like Ihram, Sa’i between Safa and Marwah. She can stay in Arafat and Muzdalifa and also can fulfill the rituals of Mina. She should prevent only from doing Tawaaf and its salat.
- Women can wear the stitched clothes as Ihram as men wear unstitched Ihram. Women can wear their normal clothes as Ihram.
- A woman can wear socks with Ihram to cover the upper part of her feet.
- A woman is not allowed to wear extra jewellery for cosmetics purpose. She can wear jewellery which she normally wears. If she did so, it will be haram.
- Women are not allowed to cover their face during Umrah. They are not allowed to wear burqa or naqab. Even women cannot cover their face with tissue or any kind of handkerchief. It means that if a women do wudhu in her covered face it will not be complete. It is a major mistake that women in naqab just touch their face with wet hands and they considered that wudhu is completed but it remains incomplete.
- According to the precautions, women are not allowed to wear a mask to prevent the dust. As it also cover their face and it is not allowed in the state of Ihram.
- A woman is allowed to cover her face in the state of Ihram if she is sleeping.
- Women should travel in covered vehicles.
- If a woman is in her monthly cycle and she reaches Mecca to perform Umrah and she has time in performing Umrah. She should wait and first pure herself and then perform all the rituals of Umrah after taking bath. Now she can perform Tawaaf, salat, Sa’i, and Taqsir each and every thing.
- If a woman in the state of Ihram gets her monthly cycle, she can continue her Umrah rituals, except Tawaaf and salat of Tawaaf. She can do Sa’i between Safa and Marwah and Taqsir also.
- If a woman is sure that her cycle will continue even after returning from Mina. She can appoint anyone else to do Tawaaf and salat on her behalf. After this, she can do Sa’i and Taqsir himself.
- A woman in istihazah qalilah has to do separate wudhu for Tawaaf and salat of Tawaaf.